Monday 5 October 2015

Racing To Support Student Minds



Throughout 2015, Liv, one of our supporters, will be fundraising for Student Minds by taking on at least 1 official race per month culminating in a Half Iron Man and Marathon. 
This is her story!  

- Liv Bryom 

In August I embarked on my first triathlon, in typical Liv style (run before I walk) my first race was a 70.3 half iron man. 

This involved a 1.9km swim in a wet suit - open water, followed by a 90km bike ride finished with a half marathon - SO much fun! 

Aiming for about 6 hours 30, I think those dragged along to watch were quite pleased when I finished in 5 hours 10 despite a downpour and the run route turning into a mud pit!


Next up is Bristol Half Marathon, prior to my first ever Marathon in October, the Bristol-Bath. Training has involved various shorter races - I even made the leader board in one! 

The open water swimming may need a tad more practise and a few tumbles on the bike haven't helped the confidence at times, but its been great fun along the way.

I've met some fab like minded people - who understand why we give up every weekend to hours of cycling and running. For those that think we are taking it too far and ask why - my best reply is 'because I can!' 

Student Minds is a charity very close to home. It has grown over the past years with many projects in many universities, its filled a much needed gap. 

Every penny donated will help the great work Student Minds does - thank you for your support!


How can I get involved? Become a fundraising champion




No comments:

Post a Comment